A DREAMY gETAWAY IN THE MOUNTAINS...
Join us for a long weekend to create, relax and make new friends! Morgan Williamson, founder and owner of Handmade Studio TN and floral designer Melissa Broadwell of Vintage Florals are teaming up for a 3 day retreat including clay workshops and floral design in a drool-worthy setting. You'll be foraging for greenery, creating functional ceramics from mud and enjoying meals in a gorgeous styled home overlooking the green-blue water of Lake Burton. Slow down with yoga each morning and delicious meals together around the table. You'll discover newfound skills in clay and floral design and personal inspiration and renewal. Expect to establish new friendships with like-minded people who also appreciate art, travel and community.
- Morgan + Melissa + the Handmade team
We hope you can join us!
THE CLAY WORKSHOPS:
Morgan Williamson, creator of Handmade Studio TN will lead us through 2-3 sessions of hand-building. During our time together, you'll discover the therapeutic nature of working with clay and have the chance to create a large vase ideal for an arrangement of flowers or a kitchen canister. There will also be an additional workshop where you'll learn the basics of hand-building with clay and create a small dish. These sessions are perfect for beginners or those wishing to further their skills with clay. No experience is necessary. All materials will be provided for you, and you'll get to choose from the signature Handmade Studio TN color palette to finish your pieces. Your pieces will be fired and glazed for you by the Handmade team and ready a few weeks after the workshop.
THE FLORAL WORKSHOP:
Melissa Broadwell of Vintage Florals will take us on a lake-side walk where we'll forage for fresh greenery. Then, we'll return to the house where we'll create our own center piece arrangement with a stunning array of seasonal blooms. The workshop is geared to all levels; whether you're a floral designer or just love fresh flowers, you will leave feeling confident to create your own arrangements. Melissa will guide us through floral design in her signature romantic style while also teaching about flower selection, preparation and care. You'll have the chance to learn 2 methods of arranging (hand-held arranging and arranging in a vessel) and take your work home with you. Our on-site photographer will also capture your floral centerpiece and you'll receive photos to share after the completion of the workshop.
We'll call Lake Burton home for the workshop retreat weekend. It is a place of refreshment, inspiration, natural beauty, and 2 GORGEOUS homes. Each room is a beautifully designed place to lay your head and escape for the weekend. We hope you feel the freedom to join in on all of the workshops and yoga sessions, but you are more than welcome to just sit by the lake and take a few moments to yourself. You can also choose to sleep in and enjoy a late breakfast instead of yoga. We will be staying in 2 homes just a short walk (or paddle board trip) away from each other.
*this is a sample itinerary subject to change
DAY 1: Friday sept 22nd
4 Meet + greet
5 Wine + cheese + charcuterie + light dinner
6 Clay Workshop #1: Intro + Demo + Create Small Piece
8 Campfire + Conversation
DAY 2: Saturday sept 23rd
8 Coffee + Tea + Breakfast
9 Morning Yoga overlooking the lake
10 Clay Workshop #2: Create a Vase
1 Lunch + Hangs
2 Siesta or Lake time
3 Forage for greenery for Floral Workshop
4 Floral Workshop overlooking the lake
6 Wine + Cheese + Cocktails
7 Candlelight dinner served by a local chef
9 Fire + Hangs
DAY 3: sunday sept 24th
8 Breakfast + coffee on the dock
9 Morning Walk or Yoga
10 Photo session with your flower arrangements
11 Hugs + Goodbyes
- 2 Nights stay at a gorgeous lakeside home
- All Meals, Snacks & Drinks (including a styled catered candlelight dinner on night 2)
- 2 Clay Workshops: including all tools + materials + instruction
- Firing, glazing and gift wrapped delivery of your pieces by Handmade Team
- 1 Floral Workshop: flowers, tools, instruction & printed tips + tricks
- 2 Morning Yoga Sessions (if that's your thing)
- Welcome Gift: A Handmade Studio TN ceramic piece and a curated gift bag.
- Photography to see and share (you'll receive 1 portrait of you and images of your floral or clay creations)
- Exclusive discount to the Handmade Studio TN online shop (good for the rest of 2017!)
- Travel to and from Lake Burton. (However, we will connect the our guests who are interested in carpooling! It is a beautiful road trip)
WHEN: September 22nd-24th 2017
WHERE: Lake Burton in Clayton GA (exact address given upon registration)
HOME 1: TUCK AWAY
-2 Private Upstairs Queen Suites w/ private en suite bathroom: both w/ glass sliding doors overlooking the lake
- 1 Main Level Master Suite w/ queen bed + en suite bathroom, sitting area & glass doors opening toward the lake.
- 1 Upstairs Suite w/ king bed + twin window bed + sitting area & private bathroom
- Beautiful living spaces + outdoor decks + dock + a row boat + paddle boards
HOME 2: REVERIE VILLA
- 1 Main Level Master Suite w/ large private en suite bathroom + sitting area
- 2 Private Queen Suites w/ private en suite bathrooms
- 1 Double Suite w/ 2 Full beds + en suite bathroom
- Basic Bunk room w/ 4 twin beds + shared bathroom
- Beautiful living spaces + outdoor decks + dock + lake views
The cost varies depending on the room type you select. You can choose from a private queen room with an en suite bathroom, a shared room with your significant other or friend, the bunk room and more. Choose your accommodations in the drop-down menu on the ticket page. You may choose to pay in full now or pay a 50% deposit using code "RetreatDeposit". Final balance is due Aug 22nd.
Due to the logistics involved in hosting this type of event, we are not able to offer refunds. You may, however, find someone to take your place and have them pay you directly for your ticket. We will also try to find a replacement if possible. Please be sure you can make it before booking.
Please reach out if you have questions! You may email us HERE or reach Morgan at 615-415-8842
We hope you can join us!